Livinginabookwonderland

Livinginabookwonderland

In Your Dreams - Amy    Martin This review can also be found here I was so excited to find out that I had won this book from the author since the description of this book sounded fantastic. I haven't come across too many books in the Young Adult section that deal with the topic of narcolepsy (then again not much in the adult fiction sections either) and I became very interested in finding out what this book was about. When you read the description you think "Oh there will be some paranormal twist seeing as Kieran can see bits and pieces of the future." Well there was no paranormal element to this book, at all and I think that because the author didn't take the easy route out the book ended up being much more interesting and likeable (Don't get me wrong I LOVE paranormal books, it just wouldn't have worked too well with this story). I loved how the story takes place in a small town, it creates a story where the people involved all know each other and care about one another as well as the fact that the characters have to try hard to keep a very big secret because in a town that small everybody knows everyone else's business. Zip was an interesting character. She was funny and spunky and loves to read. I found myself hoping that she gets her happy ending and that everything turns out alright for her. We also have Kieran the new boy in town who has narcolepsy. He's funny and loves to read as well. I immediately loved him seeing as he makes jokes about most things. Then we have Kayla who is Kieran's sister. She starts off distant and anti-social but you get to see another side of her and I found myself liking her as well.While the main character loves basketball and it is discussed many times throughout the book I found myself able to keep up with the information and it was delivered in a way that made it very easy to understand, even for someone like me who knows absolutely nothing about basketball. I never imagined this book would take the turn it did. I was suprised and I found myself hurrying through the pages just so I could find out what happened next. This book was a quick read and I will definitely be checking out the next in the series when it is published.