Livinginabookwonderland

Livinginabookwonderland

The Collector - Victoria Scott This review can also be found hereThis was one of my favorite reads this year. From the moment I read the description I knew that I had to get my hands on this book. I had high hopes for this one, and I was not disappointed. From the beginning I knew that I was not going to be able to put the book down, and as soon as I finished reading I had the urge to flip back to the beginning and read it all over again.The plot was awesome. I loved the idea of there being collector's that collect souls for hell and work for the devil. Then throwing in the liberators just made the story all the more interesting. The book was fast paced and full of action and I wouldn't want it any other way. The great thing about this book was the fact that while there was some romance it didn't take away from the story at all but only added another element to it.I loved Dante. I knew from the beginning that I would. Even though he was a jerk and extremely egotistical, the guy was funny. Even though he could be quite mean, I found myself laughing constantly when Dante did or said something hilarious, which happened to be pretty much all the time. It took a little while for me to like Charlie however. She was a sweet girl but at times I found myself wishing she would put Dante in his place. She was awkward and geeky and the complete opposite of Dante and that's what made the relationship so great.If you're worried that you won't like this one just give it a chance. The book is full of funny lines that had me laughing out loud and Dante will definitely grow on you. The fact that the romance doesn't happen instantly is another great thing about this book, the fact that it happens gradually just adds to the story. I cannot wait for the next installment and I am not so patiently waiting to see what happens with Dante and Charlie next.