Livinginabookwonderland

Livinginabookwonderland

The Sea of Monsters  - Rick Riordan This review can also be found hereThis is one of the greatest sequels to a series that I love ever. I've noticed that the second book tends to be lacking but that did not happen with The Sea of Monsters at all. It was just as action packed and engaging as The Lightning Thief. Maybe even more so since we get to see more to Clarisse and we get introduced to Tyson.I was excited to jump back into the world of Percy Jackson and his friends so much that I started this book immediately after finishing The Lightning Thief and I am so glad I did. I still had everything that happened in the previous book fresh in my mind so when all of the action in this one happened I didn't have to try and force myself to remember information from the first since it was all fresh in my mind.It was interesting to follow Percy to the Sea of Monsters. Just from the title I knew that this was going to be one action filled adventure and I was not disappointed at all. The fight scenes were so suspenseful that I was hurrying through just to find out if everyone came out alright and the race against the clock had even more dire consequences that I could only pray that they made it in time.Percy is as funny as ever. I constantly found myself laughing at things he said or his thoughts. Everything that can go bad for this kid will and he's pretty much gotten used to it. I really missed seeing Grover in this one since he wasn't in it as much as the first but the times he was in it I absolutely loved. It was interesting to see more of Clarisse as well. She's such a difficult character to figure out. One minute she's doing something nice and then the next she's turning her back and acting cold again. I hope that we get to see more of her in the other books.The whole addition of Tyson into the storyline shocked me. I honestly didn't see the revelation about him coming. But once it happened I figured it made sense and really added another whole element to the story. I absolutely loved Tyson. He was so adorable and so loyal, I really hope he's in the later books as well.If you haven't gotten into this series yet I really suggest you do. You will not be disappointed and I'm ready to dive back in with the third book in the series.