Livinginabookwonderland

Livinginabookwonderland

The Fallen (The Nine Lives of Chloe King Series #1)

Fallen (Nine Lives of Chloe King Series #1) - Celia Thomson, Liz Braswell This review can also be found here So unlike most people who had read this book I never watched the television show so I had no bias going into it. I actually picked this book up on vacation for $3 and for that price I couldn't pass it up seeing as it was cheap AND sounded interesting. Well I was right about it being interesting, I really enjoyed this book.This book is fast paced and there are a couple twists that I never saw coming. It was extremely hard for me to put this book down seeing how I wanted to know what happened next. The plot is what really drew me in; a girl falling off a tower and dying but waking up and walking away like nothing ever happened but only to find out she's changing into something else by growing claws. Oh and somebody is trying to kill her. I enjoyed some of the characters like Brian. He was so sensitive and he listened as Chloe complained about everything. Oh and he wore a hat that he knitted himself which had kitty cat ears on it, how awesome is that? Chloe was alright, she got on my nerves for a little while with her complaining about how her friends are dating and not paying attention to her and how Brian wouldn't kiss her etc. After he whiny period though she evolved into a likeable character, one who is kick butt and knows how to defend herself.The only issue I had with this novel is that there were alot of references to sex and cursing but the actual writing style seemed more appropriate for a younger audience and not older teens. Overall, this book was a light enjoyable read and I highly recommend it for people who are fans of the supernatural that like tons of action and some romance. I will definitely be checking out the next two books in the series.