Livinginabookwonderland

Livinginabookwonderland

Elements of the Undead Omnibus

Elements of the Undead books one-three - William Esmont Actual rating 3.5.**I won this book in a GoodReads First Reads Giveaway**Throughout this book I was torn as to whether I really liked it or not, the end really brought me to the side of liking this novel. If it had ended a different way I probably would have ended hating it. The situation that the characters find themselves in is one that has been used in the movies and countless books, a zombie apocalypse. But these zombies aren't the stupid ones that you see in horror movies, these zombies are scary as heck! They tear you apart while you're still alive and some of them even have the ability to move quickly. They move in hordes and are pretty much everywhere.I found myself only liking a few of the characters. Such as Megan, Jack, Luke, Archie and Steven. The others I had no real attachment too or they just plain got on my nerves. These few characters that I actually did like were a ragtag group of survivors who knew how to fight and were doing just that to try to survive as well as reclaim some piece of the world that the undead took from them.The only things that really brought my rating down were that the sex throughout the three books really bothered me, as well as the language used throughout it, I know it's the end of the world they're fighting for their lives there is going to be lots of cursing. Still doesn't mean I have to love it. If you are looking for a zombie book that will give you chills and make you wonder what just might happen if these zombie apocalypse theories are correct then this book is definitely for you!